MSC Cruises Announces Europe 2011 Itineraries
MSC Cruises fleet of 10 cruise ships – including MSC Magnifica, which was christened in March 2010 – will sail a variety of 7-, 8-, 10- and 11-night itineraries to some of Europe's most historic locales and remarkable landscapes, allowing guests to experience the warmth and beauty of nearly 70 ports of call while enjoying the European and Italian ambiance of MSC Cruises.
Each itinerary offers a memorable experience: Visit the hidden treasures of Eastern Mediterranean sites such as Venice, Istanbul, Mykonos, Santorini, and Dubrovnik; the historic landmarks of the Western Mediterranean such as Barcelona, Marseille, Naples, Rome, Toulon (St. Tropez), and Monte Carlo; and the richness of the Scandinavian Fjords, the Baltic and the North Cape of Northern Europe.
MSC Cruises will have 10 ships sailing the Mediterranean in 2011, including the three sister-ships cruise ships that feature the exclusive MSC Yacht Club – MSC Magnifica, MSC Fantasia and MSC Splendida. Plus, many of the itineraries enable guests to visit UNESCO World Heritage sites, such as the ruins of Pompeii and the grand Saidian Tombs of Morocco.
Here are some highlights of MSC Cruises 2011 Mediterranean itineraries:
- MSC Fantasia: 7-night "Mediterranean Fantasy” itinerary roundtrip from Rome, calling in Genoa, Italy; Marseille, France; Barcelona, Spain; La Goulette (Tunis), Tunisia; Valletta, Malta; and Mesina (Taormina), Sicily, Italy; April-September;
- MSC Musica: 7-night "Greek Islands in the Sun” itinerary roundtrip from Venice, calling in Bari, Italy; Katakolon (Olympia) Greece; Izmir, Turkey; Istanbul, Turkey: and Dubrovnik, Croatia; April-November;
- MSC Magnifica: 7-night "Magnificent Mediterranean” itinerary roundtrip from Venice, calling in Bari, Italy; Corfu, Greece; Piraeus (Athens), Greece; Mykonos, Greece; Santorini, Greece; Katakolon (Olympia) Greece; and Dubrovnik, Croatia; April-September;
- MSC Musica: 8-night "World Heritage Tour” itinerary roundtrip from Venice, calling at Bari, Italy; Rhodes, Greece; Alexandria, Egypt; Katakolon (Olympia), Greece; and Dubrovnik, Croatia; October-November;
MSC Cruises in Northern Europe
MSC Cruises will have three ships in Northern Europe in 2011. Experience the folklore and tradition from Copenhagen to Kiel (Hamburg), from Stockholm to Helsinki, up to St Petersburg. Enjoy the natural beauty of the fjords, the majesty of the Baltic castles and Russian palaces and the diverse cultures of each country. Or cruise through time on a new itinerary that visits ports reminiscent of Medieval Europe.
- MSC Opera: 8-night "Majestic Medieval Europe” itinerary from London, United Kingdom or Amsterdam, The Netherlands, calling in La Rochelle, France; Bilbao, Spain; La Coruna, Spain: and Cherbourg, France; July-September;
- MSC Orchestra: 7-night "Baltic Castles & Russian Palaces” itinerary sailing from Hamburg, Germany and Stockholm, Sweden, calling in Tallin, Estonia; St. Petersburg, Russia; and Copenhagen. Denmark; May-September;
For the convenience of guests, MSC Cruises offers alternate departure ports, such as Barcelona, Rome, Venice, Copenhagen, Dover, Amsterdam, Naples, Genoa, Bari, Marseille, and Kiel, on many itineraries, which allows guests to custom-design their European experience.
In addition to experiencing Europe the European way, guests onboard MSC Cruises will also enjoy:
- a family-friendly vacation, with activities, facilities and menus designed with the youngsters in mind. Plus, kids ages 11 and under sail free on all European sailings when sharing a stateroom with two full-fare-paying adults;
- international cuisine with an emphasis on Italian and regional specialties;
- exciting international entertainment;
- superior wellness activities, including the latest spa treatments.